Mission Statement: My mission is to bridge gaps and to be truly helpful.
Several years ago, during a meditation, I found myself face-to-face with my mission in this life. I realized that, as an osteopathic physician and teacher, I was placed on this planet to bridge gaps between many different things. These included:
- Myself and my Creator
- Myself and my Family (of origin, personal, and global family)
- Heaven and Earth
- Body, Mind, and Spirit
- Spirituality and Healing
- Consciousness and Healing
- Heart and Healing
- Ego consciousness and Divine Consciousness
- Western and Eastern consciousness
- Western and Eastern spiritual philosophies
- Medicine and Healing
- Medicine and Personal Transformation
- Matter and Energy
- Curing and Healing
- Physical and Energetic forms of Healing
- Conventional and Integrative paradigms of Healing
- Conventional Medicine and Integrative Medicine
- Osteopathy and Osteopathic Medicine
- Osteopathic Medicine and Integrative Medicine
- Osteopathic and Allopathic Medicine
- Osteopathic Medicine and Oriental Medicine (acupuncture)
- Student and Teacher
- Left- and Right-brain activities (Linear and creative)
- and others…
Being Truly Helpful
Many people have not defined their mission or purpose in life. This often creates much angst, lack of peace, and even health difficulties. It has been said, “Our only purpose…is to be truly helpful.”
This statement resonates in my soul. I am fortunate to have found my way into a profession of help and healing. It is very rewarding to be of any type of help to my brothers and sisters.
I believe in the Golden Rules: “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” and, “Love your brother as yourself.
I believe that if we all lived by these two simple rules, our world would be one of peace and harmony. I believe that the greatest barriers to following these rules are our own personal lack of love for ourselves and lack of self-esteem. These issues need to be healed in all of us. I am strong proponent of the principles set down in A Course in Miracles. I have had several opportunities to experience this intensive on personal growth and spiritual transformation from both a student and facilitator perspective. I have seen it literally work MIRACLES in both my life and in the lives of many patients and friends.